HOW CAN ÉCLAT LAW HELP YOU?
Do you own a small business that has been affected by COVID-19 closures? Give us a call, and we will review your insurance policy (free of charge) to determine if you have coverage. Consulting with a litigation expert can help you fully understand any policies and contracts you may be dealing with at this time. Call 407-636-7004 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR COMMUNITY?
Wondering how you can help? Here are a couple of ways anyone can contribute during the health crisis.
- Donate food- Slice Out Hunger is partnering with local pizzerias to deliver food to medical staff in hospitals all over the country, so you can send pizza to frontline workers right from your couch! Visit sliceouthunger.org/pandemicpizza to learn more about supporting local businesses and hungry medical professionals.
- Donate blood- Blood and plasma are always a huge need for hospitals, and just one donation can make a huge difference. Visit oneblood.org to book a donation appointment near you.
- Donate money- The American Lung Association has put together a COVID-19 Action Initiative. Through this project, they are aiming to increase the availability of testing, fund medical research, and sponsor education and advocacy for respiratory diseases. The ALA aims to fully eradicate COVID-19, and to prevent the breakout of future respiratory disease pandemics. To help with this initiative and lung disease advocacy, you can donate here.
HELPFUL TIPS AND LINKS
We all know that the proper handwashing time to prevent viruses is 20-40 seconds, but did you know that your Google Assistant can help you keep track of your time? Try saying “Okay Google, help me wash my hands,” and she will sing to you while you wash! This is a great little trick for teaching kids (and grown-ups) about hand hygiene.
- Advice from the WHO About Advocacy During Pandemic
- Facts and Advice on Stress and Coping During COVID-19 from CDC
- Basic Safety Tips and COVID Info from the Red Cross
- Florida COVID Data and Surveillance Dashboard
Are you tired of the boring old disposable masks? Staying safe doesn’t have to be drab! Tons of artists are designing custom masks, or selling masks featuring their artwork, like these by Megan Duncanson! Not only can you add a little flair to your day-to-day, but having a reusable mask helps the environment, and saves money! To see more masks featuring Megan’s artwork, click here!
The American Association for Justice has compiled a COVID-19 Resource Center for Trial Lawyers (using the hashtag #AAJTogether) containing articles, data, and statements from the organization’s leadership. This microsite aims to empower and assist its members while reflecting the 3 Foundational Pillars of the AAJ: Advocacy, Education and Community.
The Florida Bar has put together an Information and Resources Center for its members and consumers to stay up to date with law-related topics and the effects on the law industry that have been caused by COVID-19. The Florida Bar has created an entire COVID-19 Pandemic Recovery Task Force, whose mission is “to study the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on Florida’s legal profession, identify key issues facing citizens of Florida and Florida Bar members, and advise The Florida Bar president and executive director on how to best address these key issues.” The Florida Bar President will also be hosting virtual town hall meetings for members. Click here to see all of these amazing resources, as well as relevant articles and court orders.