Mitchell E. Grodman, Esq.
Mitchell E. Grodman has aggressively represented a wide range of corporate and individual clients throughout the US and the world for nearly 30 years. As one of éclat Law’s litigators, he represents clients on legal disputes through trials and appeals. As an experienced attorney, his emphasis is on maximizing results for clients in an efficient and expeditious manner.
Mitchell has represented clients in both state and federal court in numerous jurisdictions throughout the United States as well as in multiple foreign jurisdictions in litigation and insolvency matters.
His experience includes representing vendors, secured and unsecured creditors in collections matters as well as directors and officers of insolvent companies. He has obtained prejudgment remedies including garnishment, attachment and ship arrests in numerous matters as well as defense of lenders on claims involving FDUPTS, FDCPA, TILA and ECOA statutes. Mitchell’s bankruptcy practice includes defending companies and individuals in clawback, preference and fraudulent transfer actions. He also has extensive experience in foreclosures, workouts, restructurings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, receiverships, and asset sales under Article 9 of the UCC.
Prior to joining the firm as a partner, Mitchell was Assistant General Counsel for a Fortune 100 company working on litigation and insolvency matters throughout the US and internationally and prior to that as a partner at Florida law firm representing financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and construction companies in litigation, creditor’s rights, bankruptcy, construction and consumer matters.
Avis Rent A Car Sys. v. Maxwell (In re Maxwell) 334 B.R. 736 (M.D. Fla. 2005)-Represented company in trial for non-dischargeability of claim regarding a misappropriated check.
In Re Allied Printing, Inc., 344 B.R. 153 (Bankr. M.D. Fla. 2005)-Represented secured lender in Chapter 11 case involving adequate protection payment and valuation disputes.
Heilig-Meyers Co. v. Wachovia Bank, N.A. (In re Heilig-Meyers Co.), 319 B.R. 447 (Bankr. E.D.Va. 2004)-represented commercial property lessor in large Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Moecker v. Durek (In re Lentek Int’l, Inc.), LEXIS 2530 (M.D. Fla. 2006)-Represented former CEO of Chapter 11 debtor in deposit dispute.
Moecker v. Durek (In re Lentek Int’l, Inc.), LEXIS 2720 (M.D. Fla. 2006)- Represented former CEO of Chapter 11 debtor on claims for misappropriation of funds.
USA Dry Van Logistics, LLC 10-20102 (TX. SB)-Appointed chairman of unsecured creditors committee
Mercedes-Benz Credit Corp. v. Lotito, 306 N.J. Super. 25 (App. Div. 1997)-Represented motor vehicle finance company involving claims involving breach of contract, Magnuson-Moss Act and related claims.
Mercedes-Benz Credit Corp. v. Lotito, 328 N.J. Super. 491 (App. Div. 2000)- Represented motor vehicle finance company involving claims for breach of contract, Magnuson-Moss Act and related claims.
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- New Jersey Bar
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce Trustee
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce Member
- Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite 2020 Nominee
- Lehigh University (BS Business Administration)
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (JD)
- éclat Law’s Foundation for Community Action, Inc.
- éclat Law’s Foundation for Community Action, Inc. Animal Supply Drive
- Barry School of Law and éclat Law’s Night at the Firm
- Neighborhood Happy Hour
- Veterans’ Legal Fundraiser with Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida featuring Miss Florida for America 2019
- éclat Law and OneBlood July Blood Drive
- Deep Dive: Real Estate Video Marketing 101 Community Training Class with Sue “Pinky” Benson
- The Foundation for Seminole County Public Schools – Tools 4 Seminole Schools School Supply Drive
- Fall in Love with the Arts
- Lunch & Learn – “Score Magic” Community Seminar with Certified Credit
- Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours: September Social
- Bark’s, Boo’s and Brews
- Bark’s, Boo’s and Brews Howl-O-Ween Pet Supply Drive
- éclat Law and OneBlood November Holiday Blood Drive
- Corks For Change Recycling Project
- Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours: November Night of Networking
- ART@éclat Grand Opening featuring Megan Duncanson
- New Horizons Service Dogs Supply Drive